Thursday 19 September 2013

Unusual Jewellery for Special Occasions

A few months back I celebrated a significant birthday and wanted to mark the occasion with a 'grown up' piece of jewellery.I was looking for something a bit more unusual than the high street offerings and anything I liked in more up-market shops was way beyond my budget. Then I stumbled on a gorgeous range entitled the Greta Collection. It's been created by fashion stylist and editor Laura Fantacci, who I have been following on Twitter for some time. Laura is also the author of the inspiring blog Wearing it Today, a great read if you're looking for wardrobe inspiration and would like to pick up some trade secrets from the fashion world.  



Laura is originally from Florence and when she gave birth to her little girl she asked a Florentine jeweller to help her craft a piece that would mark this significant event. Since that time the collection - named after Laura's daughter - has grown to include initial rings, necklaces and bracelets, crafted from 18kt solid gold and diamonds. 

I decided to buy an initial ring and am hoping to add to my 'L' (which conveniently is also my eldest son's initial) with a 'G' ring (both my youngest child and husband's initial.)As Laura illustrates on her site the rings look particularly lovely in pairs and are a sweet way to keep your children and loved ones close to you as you go about your day. 

Having lived in Florence myself during my 20s I can vouch for its exceptional heritage when it comes to jewellery-making. This beautiful city abounds with centuries-old workshops and tiny ateliers where expert craftspeople create all sorts of beautiful, unique pieces using the highest-quality materials. They may not be as competitively priced as more mass market products, but you can be assured that each piece will have been made with great care and impeccable attention to detail.

The Greta Collection is crafted at one of Florence's most illustrious addresses - the Ponte Vecchio - so if you're looking for an extra special gift, perhaps for a wedding anniversary, special birthday or to mark the arrival of a new baby, do take a look at the collection and read more on Laura's story on her website. None of the pieces tops the £200 mark, which for a made-to-order, hand-crafted piece of jewellery is a very reasonable price point.


For more information about the Greta Collection of rings, bracelets and necklaces, click here.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bristol Bargainista. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig